Fitness training programmes
We are fortunate to have four National List referees willing to share their PGMOL training programmes with us on a regular basis. These plans are usually sent out on a Friday, and are being forwarded to us by Keith Hill.
These training programmes are reproduced with permission of PGMOL.
Weekly training programmes (2015/16 season)
Those on the PGMOL List use Polar HR watches so some of the information in the plans links to the data supplied to the Sports Scientists; for example, “RPE ratings” or the Rate of Perceived Exertion.
The following two supporting documents detail how you should feel during training when using the above training programmes.
- Maximising the fitness sessions: Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE) scoring
- Target level of effort required and appropriate for the session: Freshness (how you feel that day) scoring
Strength and conditioning training
- Strength and conditioning exercises
- Strength workouts
- Strength workout 1 – descriptions
- Strength workout 2 – descriptions
Treadmill training sessions
A gym-based training programme for those who can’t get outside during the week.